[NatureNS] RE: R-br. Nuthatches, Brier Island

Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:51:03 -0400
From: "Laviolette, Lance (EXP)" <lance.laviolette@lmco.com>
To: "'naturens@chebucto.ns.ca'" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Eric and others,

The last peak year for Red-breasted Nuthatch numbers in Nova Scotia during the fall was 2005. We are overdue for the population cycle of this irruptive species to hit a high note. Perhaps the size and earliness of this group on Brier indicates that this will be a bumper year for the species in the province. We'll certainly know more by the end of this month when an irruption of Red-breasted Nuthatches should be quite evident.

All the best,

Lance

Lance Laviolette
Glen Robertson, Ont.