[NatureNS] Shorebirds, ----- Wolfville and Windsor

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:29:08 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016e642d39252647e048c7caade

Hi,

I too saw a Whimbrel yesterday flying towards Wolfville Harbor from the area
of the rocky beach opposite the sewage plant. There were also 50+ Semi.
Sandipers and a few Semi. Plovers. When I checked the Harbor, I couldn't
find it, but did see about 20 Willets, and a few Gr and 1 Lesser Yellowlegs,
and a few Dowitchers.

Today on the way back from Halifax, I checked the Windsor Sewage Plant - no
special birds, but they have changed the layout at the north end - removed
bushes, filled in a ditch, and put up a wire fence - MUCH better than before
for watching both ponds and the grassy area between them where shorebirds
tend to congregate when present.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016e642d39252647e048c7caade

Hi,<br><br>I too saw a Whimbrel yesterday flying towards Wolfville Harbor f=
rom the area of the rocky beach opposite the sewage plant. There were also =
50+ Semi. Sandipers and a few Semi. Plovers. When I checked the Harbor, I c=
ouldn&#39;t find it, but did see about 20 Willets, and a few Gr and 1 Lesse=
r Yellowlegs, and a few Dowitchers.<br>

- no special birds, but they have changed the layout at the north end - rem=
oved bushes, filled in a ditch, and put up a wire fence - MUCH better than =
before for watching both ponds and the grassy area between them where shore=
birds tend to congregate when present.<br>

 PM, James Hirtle <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jrhbirder@hotmail=
mail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(=
204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">

Hi all:<br>
=A0<br>
For the record my friend, David Walmark had a whimbrel at the end of Hells =
Point today and six ruddy turnstones at the end of the Hell in Kingsburg.<b=
r>
=A0<br>
James R. Hirtle<br>
Bayport<br> 		 	   		  </div>