[NatureNS] Neat event

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:12:48 -0300

I thought some of the people here might be interested in what is happening
at Thomas Raddall Provincial Park this summer west side  Port Joli.
Years ago I was involved in  some amateur archeology with my Dad and one of
my Dad's dreams was to see a real "dig' of certain middens in Port Joil, in
particular. It is happening now and you can check it out for yourself.
The project:
Our Mi'kmaq Heritage:
The E'se'get Archaeology Project

http://coastalarchaeology.wordpress.com/

Guided tour: A thousand years of human history are being uncovered by
professional and student archeologists.
Steve and I went this morning and it is cool!
Next weekend Sat noon to 4 is Port Joli Basin's Discovery days, there will
be tours and BBQ and such. For more info see or contact
Port Joli Basin
Discovery Day 2010
Phone: 902-683-2763 for details
www.portjolibasin.org