[NatureNS] Sandy Cove Beach and Road

From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:24:38 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_qTWfQ9UApNoENAE5/2O4jg)

Sandy Cove Beach and Road is starting to become interesting as some of our early migrants are already on the move.  Yesterday on the beach were three Semipalmated Sandpipers and this evening a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher. For two evenings mid week we had a Tennessee Warbler singing near the crest of the hill.  This is another warbler that is becoming hard to find out this way.  Hermit Thrush, Magnolia Warbler, American Redstart, Common Yellowthroat and Yellow Warbler are all singing.

The Ragged Fringed Orchids and Little Club Spur Orchids  are starting to bloom, mostly along the east side of the road.

Hans

________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
Website: http://hanstoom.com
_________________________________

--Boundary_(ID_qTWfQ9UApNoENAE5/2O4jg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18904">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2>
<P>Sandy Cove Beach and Road is starting to become interesting as some of our
early migrants are already on the move.&nbsp; Yesterday on the beach were three
<STRONG>Semipalmated Sandpipers</STRONG> and this evening a
<STRONG>Yellow-bellied Flycatcher</STRONG>. For two evenings mid week we had a
<STRONG>Tennessee Warbler</STRONG>&nbsp;singing near the crest of the
hill.&nbsp; This is another warbler that is becoming hard to find out this
way.&nbsp; <STRONG>Hermit Thrush, Magnolia Warbler, American Redstart, Common
Yellowthroat </STRONG>and&nbsp;<STRONG>Yellow Warbler</STRONG>&nbsp;are all
singing.</P>
<P>The <STRONG>Ragged Fringed Orchids</STRONG> and <STRONG>Little Club Spur
Orchids</STRONG>&nbsp; are starting to bloom, mostly&nbsp;along the east side of
the road.</P>
<P>Hans</P>
<P></FONT></FONT><FONT size=2
face=Arial>________________________________<BR>Hans Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove,
Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>Website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A>

--Boundary_(ID_qTWfQ9UApNoENAE5/2O4jg)--