[NatureNS] Fwd: Hi there Richard, I wright the Bird Column in our...

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 05:49:30 -0300

--Apple-Mail-1-56059886

Hi Richard (et al.),

Some of the description kind of fits European goldfinch.

Cheers,
Andy

On 12-Jul-10, at 10:13 PM, Richard Stern wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Any other ideas on this one?
>
> Richard

--Apple-Mail-1-56059886

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Hi Richard (et =
div><div>On 12-Jul-10, at 10:13 PM, Richard Stern wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite">Hi =
class=3D"gmail_quote">---------- Forwarded message ----------<br>From: =
href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a>&gt;</spa=
n><br> Date: Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:11 PM<br>Subject: Re: Hi there =
Richard, I wright the Bird Column in our...<br>To: Heather Prime &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:birds_of_a_heather@hotmail.com">birds_of_a_heather@hotmail.=
at least some of those features, would be a adult male Yellow-rumped =
Warbler, a species which is abundant all over NS, including the Tiddvile =
area. I'll pass this one around and see if anyone else has any other =
class=3D"gmail_quote">On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Heather Prime =
target=3D"_blank">birds_of_a_heather@hotmail.com</a>&gt;</span> =
wrote:<br> <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt =
0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: =
1ex;"> <br> Hi there Richard,<br> I wright the Bird Column in our local =
monthly newspaper "Passages" here on Long Island.<br> I had a call from =
a lady who has seen a bird that I have no idea what it could be. I was =
wondering if you could lend a hand.<br> Here goes as she described it to =
me: A bit larger than a purple finch but with a thinner longer beak. The =
beak was almost transparant (kinda pinkish)...2 yellow (almost square) =
spots on sides of wings, Main colour was light grey with reddish orange =
on his head and above eyes which meets black going back from the corner =
of it's eyes. Tail feathers had black on them with white dots on them as =
well.<br> She never had a camera. This was sighted just across the ferry =
on the mainland in a little village called Tiddville as you go up the =
neck from leaving East Ferry. She also said that it was eating finch =
food...<br> Any ideas?<br> Thanks and will look forward in hearing from =
you if you have any ideas. Sounds like it might be off course from =
Game on: Challenge friends to great games on Messenger<br> <a =
href=3D"http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9734387" =
target=3D"_blank">http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9734387</a></blockquot=