[NatureNS] re:Blue Jay ailment

From: "bernard burke" <blburke@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:46:04 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CB1496.AA1369C0

Just to update, I haven't spotted the Blue Jay in question for a fact =
since the day of my original posting. I have more than one Jay that =
passes through regularly and I find they can be rather difficult to =
distinguish from one another. I can only hope that it has recovered from =
a temporary ailment. Working at a mall , I have seen my share of birds, =
starlings the vast majority, that have been temporarily stunned by =
hitting windows and such. Other than its beak trouble, this Blue Jay =
seemed to have its faculties, and I say that because I was tossing =
peanuts to a couple of crows and this Jay would agressively like normal =
chase down practically every peanut to get there first, but it was not =
able to hold on when it got there.

Thanks to all who responded.

Bernard Burke
blburke@ns.sympatico.ca
Dartmouth
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CB1496.AA1369C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just to update, I haven't spotted the =
Blue Jay in=20
question for a fact since the day of my original posting. I have more =
than one=20
Jay that passes through regularly&nbsp;and I find they can be rather =
difficult=20
to distinguish from one another. I can only hope that it has recovered =
from a=20
temporary ailment. Working at a mall , I have seen my share of birds, =
starlings=20
the vast majority, that have been temporarily stunned by hitting windows =
and=20
such. Other than its beak&nbsp;trouble, this&nbsp;Blue Jay seemed to =
have its=20
faculties, and I say that because I was tossing peanuts to a couple of =
crows and=20
this Jay would agressively like normal chase down practically every=20
peanut&nbsp;to get&nbsp;there first, but it was not able to hold on when =
it got=20
there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks to all who =
responded.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bernard Burke</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:blburke@ns.sympatico.ca">blburke@ns.sympatico.ca</A></FONT=
></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dartmouth</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CB1496.AA1369C0--