[NatureNS] Oriole and Eagle's nests, and an unexpected hazard of atlassing.

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 21:26:07 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, MBBA@yahoogroups.com

--001636c929af4eaefd0489571fc4

Hi,

This evening I found an active Baltimore Oriole's nest, with both parents
visiting and bringing food to the young that could be heard inside. It's
near my house. The "new" Bald eagle's nest that is also near my house had 1
adult and 2 young on it today, and one of the young was flapping its wings,
but still within the nest. They seem quite oblivious to the hammering,
sawing and house-building going on within 100m. or so.

This morning I was doing a Point Count on a muddy dirt road, and I knew I
would have to go straight from there to work at the hospital. I was very
careful, but as I was about to leave a school bus came roaring by, and
splattered me from chest to ankles with mud. I had to attempt to wash it all
off, and got some very strange looks from my colleagues!

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--001636c929af4eaefd0489571fc4

Hi,<br><br>This evening I found an active Baltimore Oriole&#39;s nest, with=
 both parents visiting and bringing food to the young that could be heard i=
nside. It&#39;s near my house. The &quot;new&quot; Bald eagle&#39;s nest th=
at is also near my house had 1 adult and 2 young on it today, and one of th=
e young was flapping its wings, but still within the nest. They seem quite =
oblivious to the hammering, sawing and house-building going on within 100m.=
 or so.<br>

 I would have to go straight from there to work at the hospital. I was very=
 careful, but as I was about to leave a school bus came roaring by, and spl=
attered me from chest to ankles with mud. I had to attempt to wash it all o=
ff, and got some very strange looks from my colleagues!<br>

href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>######=

--001636c929af4eaefd0489571fc4--