[NatureNS] Atlassing Last Night

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 00:43:59 +0000

--_6ccba33f-25d9-4ac5-a359-6a52e389b6a2_

Hi all:

=20

I went out after work last night to two of my squares in hopes of upgrading=
 some species and hopefully obtaining some night species.  My main goal was=
 for owls.  I was part way through one square before I realized I was in th=
e wrong one.  That was the Caribou Lake square which already has owls in it=
 and unfortunately already has common nighthawk of which I saw my first one=
.  At that point I had already located one barred owl.  It was not optimal =
conditions either as it was very windy. =20

=20

In my other square=2C Whale Lake=2C I was able to come up with a pair of ve=
ry aggressive and vocal barred owls.  The highlight for me though was the a=
mount of fireflies about.  I must have seen at least 10 000 to 20 000 of th=
em.  Everywhere I stopped they were flashing by the hundreds.  One spot wit=
h thousands of christmas trees had almost every tree lit with flashing whit=
e reminisent of white christmas tree lights.  It must be a bumper year for =
fireflies as I've never seen so many in my travels anywhere.  You would see=
 them at a few select locations=2C but not at every stop. =20

=20

Sincerely=2C

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport

=20

=20
 		 	   		 =20
Look 'em in the eye: FREE Messenger video chat
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9734386=

--_6ccba33f-25d9-4ac5-a359-6a52e389b6a2_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I went out after work last night to two of my squares in hopes of upgrading=
 some species and hopefully obtaining some night species.&nbsp=3B My main g=
oal was for owls.&nbsp=3B I was part way through one square before I realiz=
ed I was in the wrong one.&nbsp=3B That was the Caribou Lake square which a=
lready has owls in it and unfortunately already has common nighthawk of whi=
ch I saw my first one.&nbsp=3B At that point I had already located one barr=
ed owl.&nbsp=3B It was not optimal conditions either as it was very windy.&=
nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
In my other square=2C Whale Lake=2C I was able to come up with a pair of ve=
ry aggressive and vocal barred owls.&nbsp=3B The highlight for me though wa=
s the amount of fireflies about.&nbsp=3B I must have seen at least 10 000 t=
o 20 000 of them.&nbsp=3B Everywhere I stopped they were flashing by the hu=
ndreds.&nbsp=3B One spot with thousands of christmas trees had almost every=
 tree lit with flashing white reminisent of&nbsp=3Bwhite christmas tree lig=
hts.&nbsp=3B It must be a bumper year for fireflies as I've never seen so m=
any in my travels anywhere.&nbsp=3B You would see them at a few select loca=
tions=2C but not at every stop.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Sincerely=2C<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR> 		 	   		  <br /><hr />Turn down-time into play-time with Mess=
enger games <a href=3D'http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9734381' target=3D=
'_new'>Play Now!</a></body>

--_6ccba33f-25d9-4ac5-a359-6a52e389b6a2_--