[NatureNS] Re: Need birdsong ID

From: "L Jenkins" <ljenkins@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <natureNS@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 22:00:57 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CB05C3.BE3A1430

Thanks to everyone who suggested possible birds that I might be hearing =
at the Annapolis Royal Marsh.  However, I'm pretty sure that it is none =
of those that were suggested, as I'm familiar with their songs (except =
for the Rusty Blackbird, but when I checked out its song online, it is =
definitely not that). =20

Where the sound is coming from, among the cattails at the edge of the =
marsh, there are sora, pied-billed grebes and red-winged blackbirds =
nesting or tending young, but I know it's none of them.  There is also =
an American Coot that hangs out nearby, but it is not a coot sound.  It =
appears as though the sound is coming from among the cattails, likely in =
or close to the water.  The last time I heard it I could distinguish 3 =
or 4 distinct notes, same pitch, close together, but still very raspy =
and low pitched.

Lois Jenkins
------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CB05C3.BE3A1430

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Thanks to everyone who suggested possible birds that I might be =
hearing at=20
the Annapolis Royal Marsh.&nbsp; However, I'm pretty sure that it is =
none of=20
those that were suggested, as I'm familiar with their songs (except for =
the=20
Rusty Blackbird, but when I checked out its song online, it is =
definitely not=20
that).&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Where the sound is coming from, among the cattails at the edge of =
the=20
marsh, there are sora, pied-billed grebes and red-winged blackbirds =
nesting or=20
tending young, but I know it's none of&nbsp;them.&nbsp; There is also an =

American Coot that hangs out nearby, but it is not a coot sound.&nbsp; =
It=20
appears as though the sound is coming from among the cattails, likely in =
or=20
close to the water.&nbsp; The last time I heard it I could distinguish 3 =
or 4=20
distinct notes, same pitch, close together, but still very raspy and low =

pitched.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Lois Jenkins</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CB05C3.BE3A1430--