[NatureNS] wind turbines

Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 07:02:10 -0300
From: Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

  Date: 0
Hi Gail and all, Probably the stranger was referring to Brant, as there
are still a few on CSI.
All Wind Farm proposals go through an environmental assessment. Nature
Nova Scotia (FNSN) which represents many of the nature clubs in the
province receives notice of applications for such proposals.  As a
volunteer representing the Wild Flora Society, I read these and forward
them to the full board, or to specific clubs who may be concerned or
involved. As yet, I have not seen a proposal for any wind farm on CSI.
Cheers, Joan