[NatureNS] finds from today

From: "Darrell" <doabolit@northnovacable.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 23:24:16 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0056_01CB0118.62F4E2D0

Started off for Smiley's park to look for Jack-in-the-Pulpit, took a =
while but I did find it and was very happy after the hour effort. It was =
taller than I expected. Also shot false solomon's seal in the park and =
seen hundreds of nodding trillium, some columbine, two different =
colours, one purple, one pink.

Went on to the Avon Peninsula to look for yellow lady slippers & rams =
head but no luck, seems most of the woodland was cut about 10 years ago, =
found one pink lady slipper. If anybody can help me find the yellow =
slipper or rams head it would be much appreaciated.

Came out to the bridge over River Herbert and rail trail near Brooklyn, =
soon as I entered the trail going upstream I thought I saw the eastern =
phobe, took two shots and then heard a very loud song behind me to what =
I thought might have been a mockingbird, took another couple quick shots =
of it before it flew. Then I noticed my camera totally blew out the =
shots, I must have hit the dial from Av to M in the woods looking for =
slippers earlier, argh! I did salvage the louder bird to see it was a =
black-billed cuckoo, (there was two there) a first for me. Think the =
phobe was a flycatcher as it had wingbars but the shot did not turn out =
from being blown.

Farther up the trail I captured a bullhead lily in the pond on left but =
of all the images I can find none have the red center like these =
captured. Any person with knowledge in this would be appreaciated as =
well. There was also a couple warblers around the pond. Further up where =
there was a trail heading to the river found a growth on a cherry leaf =
which caught my eye, not sure what it is either. No yellow slippers =
found here either.

Images of all can be seen at http://abolitphotos.ca in bird and wild =
plant galleries.

On the way home I noticed a tick on my wrist drilled in, stopped in =
South Rawdon and used tweesers to pull it out and got to looking, found =
8 more in and on shirt and 5 in underwear, argh, I was crawling in them. =
No others were drilled in thankfully :~)

A couple days ago I captured a hugh chichen mushroom in Cooks Brook, see =
fungi gallery

All the best,
Darrell
------=_NextPart_000_0056_01CB0118.62F4E2D0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Started off for Smiley's park to look for=20
Jack-in-the-Pulpit, took a while but I did find it and was very happy =
after the=20
hour effort. It was taller than I expected. Also shot false solomon's =
seal in=20
the park and seen hundreds&nbsp;of nodding trillium, some columbine, two =

different colours, one purple, one pink.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Went on to the Avon Peninsula to look for yellow =
lady=20
slippers &amp; rams head but no luck, seems most of the =
woodland&nbsp;was cut=20
about 10 years ago, found one pink lady slipper. If anybody can help me =
find the=20
yellow slipper or rams head it would be much =
appreaciated.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Came out to the bridge over River Herbert and =
rail trail=20
near Brooklyn, soon as I entered the trail going upstream I&nbsp;thought =
I saw=20
the eastern phobe, took two shots and then heard a very loud song behind =
me to=20
what I thought might have been a mockingbird, took another couple quick =
shots of=20
it before it flew. Then I noticed my camera totally blew out the shots, =
I must=20
have hit the dial from Av to M in the woods looking for slippers =
earlier, argh!=20
I did salvage the louder bird to see it was a black-billed cuckoo, =
(there was=20
two there)&nbsp;a first for me. Think the phobe was a flycatcher as it =
had=20
wingbars but the shot did not turn out from being =
blown.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Farther up the trail I captured a bullhead lily =
in the=20
pond on left but of all the images I can find none have the red center =
like=20
these captured. Any person with knowledge in this would be appreaciated =
as well.=20
There was also a couple warblers around the pond. Further up where there =
was a=20
trail heading to the river found a growth on a cherry leaf which caught =
my eye,=20
not sure what it is either. No yellow slippers found here=20
either.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Images of all can be seen at <A=20
href=3D"http://abolitphotos.ca">http://abolitphotos.ca</A> in bird and =
wild plant=20
galleries.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>On the way home I noticed a tick on my wrist =
drilled in,=20
stopped in South Rawdon and used tweesers to pull it out and got to =
looking,=20
found&nbsp;8 more in and on shirt and 5 in underwear, argh, I was =
crawling in=20
them. No others were drilled in thankfully :~)</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>A couple days ago I captured a hugh chichen =
mushroom in=20
Cooks Brook, see fungi gallery</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>All the best,</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Darrell</FONT></EM></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0056_01CB0118.62F4E2D0--