[NatureNS] Swallows and Baltimore Orioles

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:10:43 -0300

With all the confusion amongst the swallows over the one house Steve put up
a second one on Saturday. I don't know if it is too close or not but it is
at the edge of the steps where our flag pole was. Today we again had a yard
of birds, including barn swallows, all defending houses so maybe there will
be a nest there. For sure the one at the barn has been laying or incubating
eggs.
The female B. Oriole has been gathering strips of the bark from the grape
vine, going off and quickly returning for more. I am hoping a nest is where
I can see it. The grackles will make life a misery for all the others, I
guess. So much nesting, makes a body feel old.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca