[NatureNS] Wood Thrush in Chebogue, Scarlet Tanager in Halifax

Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:19:39 -0300
From: iamclar@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

All:

The WOOD THRUSH window-killed on 21 May in Chebogue,Yar. Co., as
reported Saturday by John Sollows, is indeed that species as indicated
from photos taken by Stephen Sollows. (I have put two voucher photos
on NS-RBA photos.) As Lance Laviolette has pointed out to me, the
thrush seems to have pretty much withdrawn from its beachhead in the
province (and has declined widely) in recent years.

Yesterday mornong I found a singing male SCARLET TANAGER along
Ridgewood in S. End Halifax. Maybe it didn't like my (restrained)
peering, for it up and flew across the Northwest Arm.

----- Forwarded message from nhungjohn@eastlink.ca -----