[NatureNS] synthetic life created, etc.

From: "Darrell" <doabolit@northnovacable.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 09:58:37 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CAF8CC.2EF6E630

This article with video is interesting and scary at the same time, I'm =
sure it will interest some of you... =
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/may/20/craig-venter-synthetic-life=
-form

The proposed expansion of the gypsum mine in the Avon Peninsula is not =
looking too good... http://versicolor.ca/avon/ If you go look on google =
map they have clearly made a mess of what they do have used and not =
reclaimed any of it's land so very scary to strip the whole wooded area =
in the center of the peninsula as well. I am heading down there soon to =
look for the yellow lady slipper etc. and maybe help in the cause of =
protection. The farms have already taken the natural forest away all =
around the edge and now the mine in the center, argh.

I found my first nodding trillium in the Musquodoboit Valley, heading =
back in with my macro lens to get a better image today. Also captured =
some spring peepers in my back yard to photograph lastnight and one had =
a growth on it's side, sent a photo to Mr. Gilhen of NS Natural History =
and he wants me to save the poor critter for him.

Warblers are far and few between in the Musq. Valley this year, much =
more rare than the last two years, not having much luck so far but =
believe they are truely just starting to come in fully with hearing my =
first vireo yesterday.

All the best,
Darrell
------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CAF8CC.2EF6E630

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>This article with video is interesting and scary =
at the=20
same time, I'm sure it will interest some of you... <A=20
href=3D"http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/may/20/craig-venter-synthe=
tic-life-form">http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/may/20/craig-venter=
-synthetic-life-form</A></FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>The proposed expansion of the gypsum mine in the =
Avon=20
Peninsula is not looking too good... <A=20
href=3D"http://versicolor.ca/avon/">http://versicolor.ca/avon/</A>&nbsp;I=
f you go=20
look on google map they have clearly made a mess of what they do have=20
used&nbsp;and not reclaimed any of it's land so very scary to strip the =
whole=20
wooded area in the center of the peninsula as well. I am heading down =
there soon=20
to look for the yellow lady slipper etc. and maybe help in the cause of=20
protection. The farms have already taken the natural forest away all =
around the=20
edge and now the mine in the center, argh.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>I&nbsp;found my first nodding trillium in the =
Musquodoboit=20
Valley, heading back in with my macro lens to get a better image today. =
Also=20
captured some spring peepers in my back yard to photograph lastnight and =
one had=20
a growth on it's side, sent a photo to Mr. Gilhen of NS Natural History =
and he=20
wants me to save the poor critter for him.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Warblers are far and few between in the Musq. =
Valley this=20
year, much more rare than the last two years, not having much luck so =
far but=20
believe they are truely just starting to come in fully with hearing my =
first=20
vireo yesterday.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>All the best,</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Darrell</FONT></EM></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CAF8CC.2EF6E630--