[NatureNS] Brown Thrasher

From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:49:45 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_763AYNwofR6mAEURQPkxug)

I heard the Brown Thrasher singing again this morning, this time north-west of our house.  It now qualifies as a possible nester under the MBBA program.  I saw it this afternoon near the backyard platform feeder but it scurried off as soon as it knew it was being noticed.  Although the Brown Thrasher is very aggressive in defence of its nest it becomes quite the recluse during nesting time.

Some theorize that the thrasher sings continuously during its nesting period, others think it stops altogether when it begins nesting.  Take your pick!

Hans

_________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
Website: http://hanstoom.com
_________________________________

--Boundary_(ID_763AYNwofR6mAEURQPkxug)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18904">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I heard the <STRONG>Brown Thrasher</STRONG> singing
again this morning, this time north-west of our house.&nbsp; It now qualifies as
a possible nester under the MBBA program.&nbsp; I saw it this afternoon near the
backyard platform feeder but it scurried off as soon as it knew it was being
noticed.&nbsp; Although the Brown Thrasher is very aggressive in defence of its
nest it becomes quite the recluse during nesting time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Some theorize that the thrasher sings continuously
during&nbsp;its nesting period, others think it stops altogether when it begins
nesting.&nbsp; Take your pick!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>_________________________________<BR>Hans
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>Website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A>

--Boundary_(ID_763AYNwofR6mAEURQPkxug)--