[NatureNS] Orioles

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:46:20 -0300

Well no hummingbird staying as yet! The female left right after breakfast. I
feel bereft!
I do have a beautiful Baltimore Oriole as well as an immature or female
orchard Oriole. Great to do when a number of swallows arrived and seemed to
try to coax current birds away. No sign of any at the moment. We have a hawk
of sorts, very small and a really long narrow tail, hovers and seems to
vibrate. I have seen it several times and have no idea what it is. Last seen
this am.
There has been a lovely male cardinal holding forth and glowing in the
sunlight at Superstore Parking lot, up at the top of the tall trees behind
the fence down toward McDonalds......Liverpool of course.
Lots of song even in the showers.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca