[NatureNS] Yellow-crowned night heron, eastern towhee, northern mockingbird,

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 02:30:45 +0000

--_37d7bd00-a327-4575-9852-6f4b50857ad0_

Hi all:

=20

First for the easy one to get=2C which is the yellow-crowned night heron.  =
It is an adult and it was located by Earl Meister of Stonehurst.  The bird =
is at Stonehurst.  Take the right branch out along the winding road.  Part =
way out on the right is two ponds.  The second pond is below a trailer and =
this is where the yellow-crowned night heron is tending.  It is easily to s=
ee from the road.  It has been there for two days now and I found out about=
 it tonight.  I drove out after work and easily found it. =20

=20

The following are for the record only.  If you want to try for any of the b=
irds email me personally and I'll try to explain how to get there. I've not=
 had the chance to visit myself as I just listened to my messages from yest=
erday.  Glenn Rhodenizer of Second Peninsula reports that he had six Americ=
an pipits on the farm where he works in the field.  This is private propert=
y and I've taken many of you to it on my field trip later in the year.  Gle=
nn also had a northern mockingbird for one day and reports more bobolinks t=
hen he has seen in past years during this time=2C which is a good sign. =20

=20

Mike Wentzell of Parkdale/Maplewood had an eastern towhee and a male rose-b=
reasted grosbeak.  The towhee is the one of significance.  Many of you have=
 visited the residence of Michael in the past for other rarities from previ=
ous years.  I haven't had chance to call him back yet to see if the towhee =
remained=2C but if it is there I will let others know.

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport
 		 	   		 =20
MSN Dating: Find someone special. Start now.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9729707=

--_37d7bd00-a327-4575-9852-6f4b50857ad0_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
First for the easy one to get=2C which is the yellow-crowned night heron.&n=
bsp=3B It is an adult and it was located by Earl Meister of Stonehurst.&nbs=
p=3B The bird is at Stonehurst.&nbsp=3B Take the right branch out along the=
 winding road.&nbsp=3B Part way out on the right is two ponds.&nbsp=3B The =
second pond is below a trailer and this is where the yellow-crowned night h=
eron is tending.&nbsp=3B It is easily to see from the road.&nbsp=3B It has =
been there for two days now and I found out about it tonight.&nbsp=3B I dro=
ve out after work and easily found it.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The following are for the record only.&nbsp=3B If you want to try for any o=
f the birds email me personally and I'll try to explain how to get there. I=
've not had the chance to visit myself as I just listened to my messages fr=
om yesterday.&nbsp=3B Glenn Rhodenizer of Second Peninsula reports that he =
had six American pipits on the farm where he works in the field.&nbsp=3B Th=
is is private property and I've taken many of you to it on my field trip la=
ter in the year.&nbsp=3B Glenn also had a northern mockingbird for one day =
and reports more bobolinks then he has seen in past years during this time=
=2C which is a good sign.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Mike Wentzell of Parkdale/Maplewood had an eastern towhee and a male rose-b=
reasted grosbeak.&nbsp=3B The towhee is the one of significance.&nbsp=3B Ma=
ny of you have visited the residence of Michael in the past for other rarit=
ies from previous years.&nbsp=3B I haven't had chance to call him back yet =
to see if the towhee remained=2C but if it is there I will let others know.=
<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  <br /><hr />MSN Dating: Find someone special. Start =
now. <a href=3D'http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9729702' target=3D'_new'>=
Start now!</a></body>

--_37d7bd00-a327-4575-9852-6f4b50857ad0_--