[NatureNS] Great Egret(update) and White-crowned Sparrow

From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 13:33:19 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_t9qFhJImqAQyUcNR8s151A)

The Great Egret remains at the Sambro Bog. It's been there daily since I first reported it.  It was right beside the road midday today when we drove by after returning from Sir Sanford Fleming Park.  I only had my macro lens with me because I was photographing the first opening and opened Pink Orchids at the park, as well as other wild flowers. I went home and returned within minutes with my telephoto lens but as luck would have it my egret had moved to the farthest edge of the bog.

Yesterday on our walk on the Sandy Cove Road, HRM, we spotted a White-crowned Sparrow foraging just past the crest of the hill on the eastern shoulder, as per usual in the local hot spot.  The birds had to take a number and queue up to visit the kelp heaps at Sandy Cove's beach;  20++ each of Yellow-rumped Warbler, Dark-eyed Junco, American Robin and one Savannah Sparrow.

Hans

_________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
Website: http://hanstoom.com
_________________________________

--Boundary_(ID_t9qFhJImqAQyUcNR8s151A)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18904">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>The <STRONG>Great Egret</STRONG> remains at the
Sambro Bog.&nbsp;It's been there daily since I first reported it. &nbsp;It was
right beside the road midday today when we drove by after returning from Sir
Sanford Fleming Park.&nbsp; I only had my macro lens with me because I was
photographing the first opening and opened <STRONG>Pink Orchids</STRONG> at the
park, as well as other wild flowers.&nbsp;I went home and returned within
minutes with my telephoto lens but as luck would have it my egret had moved to
the farthest edge of the bog.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Yesterday on our walk on the Sandy Cove Road, HRM,
we spotted a <STRONG>White-crowned Sparrow</STRONG> foraging just past the crest
of the hill on the eastern shoulder, as per usual in the local hot spot.&nbsp;
The birds had to take a number and queue up to visit the kelp heaps at Sandy
Cove's beach;&nbsp; 20++ each of <STRONG>Yellow-rumped Warbler</STRONG>,
<STRONG>Dark-eyed Junco</STRONG>, <STRONG>American Robin</STRONG> and one
<STRONG>Savannah Sparrow</STRONG>.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>_________________________________<BR>Hans
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>Website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A>

--Boundary_(ID_t9qFhJImqAQyUcNR8s151A)--