[NatureNS] Marnoon tomorrow - Bridget Stutchbury,

Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 19:00:32 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Angela Joudrey <aljoudrey@eastlink.ca>

Hi Jim annd All,

I heard her on an interview a few weeks ago, but I did not put two
and two ( twit to whoo ) until I saw a piece on her in the Globe and
Mail. She was super informative and easy to listen to. While at first
glance some may not beleive that such a subject can be interesting, I
assure you all it was.

One of the thoughts that's been playing over in my mind was how the
same species of bird, say chickadees, have changed their song (
umm...the tone? the decibel? ) if they live in the city (to compete
with city noise) compared to chickadees in the country. And how if a
country chickadee met a city chickadee ( perhaps at the local water
hole ) , they wouldn't mate because the songs would effectively be
different to each other.

So......we are living in a time where species are evolving ( as I
guess everything is ) and we can see some those noticable apects
already.

Anywho, I'm going to pick up her book for sure.

Angela in Windsor

--

Angela Joudrey
aljoudrey@eastlink.ca