[NatureNS] bear attacks in NS

Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:07:32 -0300
From: Marilyn Ewer <mrewer@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--00032555abf27d383c048652e216

Hi,  Sorry for the late response, but I was very curious about the legality
issue regarding bear spray so checked that out.  First, some Canadian Tires
do stock various strengths of bear spray, ie. Dartmouth Crossing location.
 They do not ask any questions when you purchase it.  Just have to be over
19.  And it is not illegal to carry it.  If you use it against a human, you
could be charged with assault with a weapon.  Now that I have THAT answer, I
can sleep tonight!
Happy birding and hope we don't see any bears.

Marilyn Ewer

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Henk Kwindt <cbatl@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> Thanks John, but I am also still waiting for Marilyn to tell me where
> "here" is located.
> Henk
> ----- Original Message ----- From: <john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca>

Hi, =A0Sorry for the late response, but I was very curious about the legali=
ty issue regarding bear spray so checked that out. =A0First, some Canadian =
Tires do stock various strengths of bear spray, ie. Dartmouth Crossing loca=
tion. =A0They do not ask any questions when you purchase it. =A0Just have t=
o be over 19. =A0And it is not illegal to carry it. =A0If you use it agains=
t a human, you could be charged with assault with a weapon. =A0Now that I h=
ave THAT answer, I can sleep tonight! =A0<div>
 PM, Henk Kwindt <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:cbatl@eastlink.ca"=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">Thanks John, but I am also still waiting fo=
r Marilyn to tell me where &quot;here&quot; is located.<br>
Henk<br>
----- Original Message ----- From: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:john.kearney@ns.sy=
mpatico.ca" target=3D"_blank">john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca</a>&gt;<br>