[NatureNS] Palmeter Woods

From: "andy dean" <aadean@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 20:19:30 -0300

Hi Bob,
I moved here myself three years ago and was told about Palmeters Woods by a
local birder .....I can't remember who. I think you are correct in assuming
its a name in use by locals. The area is accessed by a trail on the north
side of the parking area for the Evergreen Home For Special Care at 655 Park
Street....it is marked Private property, but generally ignored.
Seven Bridges is a bit to the west and also accessed from Park Street. The
privacy issue is more of a concern here because it is an estate with a
summer home and caretakers cottage. I obtained permission to be in there to
pursue my nature photography with the proviso that I don't go at week-ends
when the owner , Roy Steele, may be in residence and desires his privacy.
Andy

Andy and Lelia Dean
86 Baden Powell Drive
Kentville, N.S.