[NatureNS] a few more birds lately

From: "Dorothy" <dort@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "Bird List" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 19:01:08 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CAEAF2.FE3A76B0

Hi All:

Well, things are getting a bit more interesting today.  I was hoping for a
hummer as I had last year on the third but no luck.  I did however have a
few nice visitors.  Two Yellow rumped Warblers, a Male Yellow Warbler, a
female Pine Siskin, a Chipping Sparrow and a beautiful male White Crowned
Sparrow.  There were increased numbers of Gold and Purple Finches, and
Red-winged Black Birds (only one female).

We now have two pairs of Swallows fighting over the bird houses between here
and my neighbour across the road.  The Chickadees have also shown interest
in the one of the same houses ( they used it last year).  I spotted at least
five Killdeer on the upper woods harbour marshes and a pair of Canada Geese
have been tending in the same area each day but leave by afternoon.  I
suspect they may be nesting around the lake or brook at the end of our road.

Happy Birding

Dorothy Cameron

Popes Rd, Woods Harbour

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CAEAF2.FE3A76B0

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Well, things are getting a bit more interesting =
today.&nbsp;
I was hoping for a hummer as I had last year on the third but no =
luck.&nbsp; I
did however have a few nice visitors.&nbsp; Two Yellow rumped Warblers, =
a Male
Yellow Warbler, a female Pine Siskin, a Chipping Sparrow and a beautiful =
male
White Crowned Sparrow.&nbsp; There were increased numbers of Gold and =
Purple
Finches, and Red-winged Black Birds (only one female).&nbsp; =

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>We now have two pairs of Swallows fighting over the =
bird
houses between here and my neighbour across the road.&nbsp; The =
Chickadees have
also shown interest in the one of the same houses ( they used it last
year).&nbsp; I spotted at least five Killdeer on the upper woods harbour
marshes and a pair of Canada Geese have been tending in the same area =
each day
but leave by afternoon.&nbsp; I suspect they may be nesting around the =
lake or

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;