[NatureNS] Female blackbirds

Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 08:31:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gayle MacLean <duartess2003@yahoo.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0-425866357-1272900690=:92578

Here in Dartmouth, in the greenbelt behind our backyard, there are, at leas=
t, that I have seen,=A03 Red-winged Black birds, 1 mature male , 1 mature f=
emale & 1 immature male (I'm assuming, as it has some but=A0not the brillia=
nt red & yellow=A0wing markings=A0& jet black feathers of the other adult m=
ale). They have been here about 3 weeks anyway. We occasionally have them h=
ere.=A0There is a marshy area down close to Prince Albert Rd, so we're hopi=
ng they have a viable nest in there.
The Orange-crowned Warbler is still present, 2 pairs of both Hairy & Downy =
Woodpeckers, a Northern Flicker, a male Northern Cardinal, lots of Grackles=
, White-throated, Song, & House Sparrows, American Goldfinches, there is a =
huge Crows nest in a very tall spruce tree which is occupied and, of course=
,way too many Starlings.=20
=A0
Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth