[NatureNS] ?Mycoplasmal conjunctivitis

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:02:24 -0300

Eleanor, my vet recently mentioned something about there being a warning in
a journal she receives about this. There must be some renewed concern? or
would they be running several years behind??

I know I try to check the few I actually see and will report to her if there
is one that is rough looking. Having only seen a few birds, male and female,
and being a bit slow with low powered Binoculars, I am happy to see none
with crusty eye regions this year. Two years ago was pretty bad. They seem
to favor a feeder where they suspend themselves and pick out seeds so are
not on the main platform style feeder. I hope that is good. Periodically I
make a new suspended feeder (juice bottle with small grasping and feeding
holes)
MargMillard, White Point, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca