[NatureNS] Deer Etc

From: Hubcove@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 18:26:20 EDT
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca

--part1_635a6.76d46cc0.39061b8c_boundary

I was pleased to see that our piebald doe and her buddy with the broken leg
 survived the winter well. They were both in the neighbours yard yesterday
with  another doe. I have never seen any coyotes on our peninsula and there
are too  many houses to hunt so I don't think they have any predators.
On a completely different subject I wonder if we ever have any royal terns
in the area. This winter for the first time we had a flock on the beach in
Eastern Florida and, quite unexpectedly, they turned out to be accomplished
 thieves, going so far as to dart between my legs on the beach to  steal
shrimp and clam bait I was using for surf fishing. The regular gulls  hang
around all the time, including a one legged laughing gull who seems to cope
very well, but they are not anywhere near as aggressive as the Royal in
stealing  bait.
Peter Stow
Hubbards

--part1_635a6.76d46cc0.39061b8c_boundary

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" id=3Dr=
ole_body  bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7><F=
ONT id=3Drole_document  color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV>I was pleased to see that our piebald doe and her buddy with the brok=
en leg=20
survived the winter well. They were both in the neighbours yard yesterday=
 with=20
another doe. I have never seen any coyotes on our peninsula and there are=
 too=20
many houses to hunt so I don't think they have any&nbsp;predators.</DIV>
<DIV>On a completely different subject I wonder if we ever have any royal=
 terns=20
in the area. This winter for the first time we had a flock on the beach in=
=20
Eastern Florida and, quite unexpectedly, they turned out to be accomplishe=
d=20
thieves, going so far as to dart between my legs on the beach to=20
steal&nbsp;shrimp and clam bait I was using for surf fishing. The regular=
 gulls=20
hang around all the time, including a one legged laughing gull who seems=
 to cope=20
very well, but they are not anywhere near as aggressive as the Royal in st=
ealing=20
bait.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Peter Stow</DIV>
<DIV>Hubbards</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

--part1_635a6.76d46cc0.39061b8c_boundary--