[NatureNS] Update on Kentucky Warbler and Some Photos

From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:03:26 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_32UWkQVkYF195fmTr1cDMw)

The Kentucky Warbler has not been seen since early yesterday morning.  The unusual tameness of the warbler speaks to starvation and hypothermia.  It becomes oblivious to danger in its frantic search for food.  I hope I am wrong and Laura and I find the warbler in the upcoming warmer weather. I've posted one photo so severely edited that it looks more like a painting, but the conditions were awful for photography.

I've also uploaded a photo of the Great Egret from Chezzetcook Salt Marsh and Piping Plovers from the sandstorm on Martinique Beach.  The first photo is a Winter Wren peaking at me from the top of a stump at the Wetland's Trail, Mount Uniacke Museum Park.

Hans

http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/April2010/0144.html
_________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
Website: http://hanstoom.com
_________________________________

--Boundary_(ID_32UWkQVkYF195fmTr1cDMw)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18904">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>The <STRONG>Kentucky Warbler</STRONG> has not been
seen since early yesterday morning.&nbsp; The unusual tameness of the warbler
speaks to starvation and hypothermia.&nbsp; It becomes oblivious to danger in
its frantic search for food.&nbsp; I hope I am wrong and Laura and&nbsp;I find
the warbler in the upcoming warmer weather. I've posted one photo so severely
edited that it looks more like a painting, but the conditions were awful for
photography.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I've also uploaded a photo of the <STRONG>Great
Egret</STRONG> from Chezzetcook Salt Marsh and <STRONG>Piping Plovers</STRONG>
from the sandstorm on Martinique Beach.&nbsp; The first photo is a
<STRONG>Winter Wren</STRONG> peaking at me from the top of a stump at the
Wetland's Trail, Mount Uniacke Museum Park.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/April2010/0144.html">http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/April2010/0144.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>_________________________________<BR>Hans
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>Website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A>

--Boundary_(ID_32UWkQVkYF195fmTr1cDMw)--