[NatureNS] Tree Swallow

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:15:38 -0300

April 12, 2010 - Wolfville Ridge:

Happy to see my first Tree Swallow this morning, perched on an overhead wire
in front of an abandoned orchard close to the Ridge Stile Park on the
Wolfville Ridge.  This orchard is one of the study locations of the Tree
Swallow project run by Prof Marty Leonard's students from Dalhousie Univ.,
with swallow boxes awaiting the returnees.  This site is just over a km
from our home.

Looking back in my records, these are past arrival dates on Wolfville Ridge,
either at the above location or attending my own nest boxes close to our
home :

2003 - Apr 26

2004 -  Apr 19

2005 -  Apr 17

2006 -  Apr 13

2007 -  Apr 26

2008 - Apr 16

2009 -  Apr 15

Since reading Richard 's e-mail yesterday hailing the arrival of Tree
Swallows around the Port Williams sewage ponds, we have been checking our
own nesting boxes but so far no visitors. maybe tomorrow.

Cheers,

Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts

 Wolfville NS