[NatureNS] More Spring Leps to Report

Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 21:09:53 -0300
From: Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Thanks for this, Derek! I saw a total of seven Mourning Cloak /Nymphalis
antiopa /butterflies today inland in Yarmouth and Digby counties. I also
saw a lep. which was brown in the forewings and orange in the hind
wings. I just looked up Archiearis infans and think this is what it was.
And yes, there were a lot of birch and alder in that particular area.