[NatureNS] Robin at windows

From: Helene Van Doninck <hvandoninck@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:51:49 -0300

SOrry about the late response but I get calls about this behaviour EVERY
year, usually a robin or a junco. I always assume ( and have researched
current thoughts on this) that it is a male thinking he is scaring off
another male in his territory.

I call it testosterone poisoning :)

Usually they stop after a few days and if you can dull the reflection for a
few days  or hang something that waves in the breeze ( orange surveyors tape
works well..or an aluminum pie plate or CD hanging by a string on the
OUTSIDE of the window), they will usually stop.

Helene

Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
RR#1 Brookfield Nova Scotia Canada B0N1C0
hvandoninck@eastlink.ca
www.cwrc.net
http://cwrcblog.blogspot.com/
1-902-893-0253