[NatureNS] Little Blue and Green Herons

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 08:14:51 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01CAD94F.0F3202E0

Green Heron -

Go to Cape Sable Island.
Turn left to Hwy 330, South Side.  Continue to drive. Pass Daniel's Head
Look for the sign,  Hawk Point Road.  Turn left.
Continue till you see a marshy area (guzzle) on both sides.  That is where
the green heron is.  The challenge is to find the diminutive heron.  I
missed it the first time, but found it in my second attempt.  When I saw it,
I realized how so small and dark it was  and how it could be passed as a
rock!  It doesn't move around as much as a hyper-active Snowy egret.  The
best bet is to walk by the road and scan the area carefully.  Good luck.

Little Blue Heron

Enter Exit 10  (Mahone Bay) .  Keep driving till you see the sign, Oakland
Road  (just before the bridge and just before the Mahone Bay harbour. Turn
left.  Keep driving till you see a sign for Dynamite Road on the left.  You
wll see a small marsh where the little blue heron was foraging.   You cannot
miss it.

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01CAD94F.0F3202E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV>Green Heron -&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Go to Cape Sable Island.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>Turn left to Hwy 330, South&nbsp;Side.&nbsp; Continue to drive. =
Pass=20
Daniel's&nbsp;Head&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Look for the sign,&nbsp; Hawk Point Road.&nbsp; Turn left.</DIV>
<DIV>Continue till you see a marshy area (guzzle) on both sides.&nbsp; =
That is=20
where the green heron is.&nbsp; The challenge is to find the diminutive=20
heron.&nbsp; I missed it the first time, but found it in my second=20
attempt.&nbsp; When I saw it, I realized how so small and dark it =
was&nbsp; and=20
how it could be passed as a rock!&nbsp; It doesn't move around as much =
as a=20
hyper-active Snowy egret.&nbsp; The best bet is to walk by the road and =
scan the=20
area carefully.&nbsp; Good luck. </DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Little Blue Heron</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Enter Exit 10&nbsp; (Mahone Bay) .&nbsp; Keep driving till you see =
the=20
sign, Oakland Road&nbsp; (just before the bridge and just before the =
Mahone Bay=20
harbour.&nbsp;Turn left.&nbsp; Keep driving till you see a sign for =
Dynamite=20
Road on the left.&nbsp; You wll see a small marsh where the little blue =
heron=20
was foraging.&nbsp;&nbsp; You cannot miss it.&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01CAD94F.0F3202E0--