[NatureNS] Brown-headed Cowbird, Roslin

Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:32:52 -0300
From: Cindy Creighton <cindycreighton@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--005045013bffa8a9c70483ea5450

We had a Brown-headed Cowbird show up in our yard today in Springhill,
Cumberland County, as well.

Cheers,
Cindy

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Bruce Stevens <m.bruce.stevens@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I had a female Brown-headed Cowbird visit my parents' feeders several times
> today in Roslin, Cumberland County. They have been seeing the bird for 2-3
> days and flagged it as unusual, and tentatively identified it as a cowbird.
> I sent a couple of photos to Ian prior to posting as I wasn't 100% on the
> ID, and I hope I'm not grossly oversimplifying his response as 'confirmed'.
>
> On another note, my father reports a Yellow Warbler from approximately 10
> days ago - this would put it about April 1. I don't have my copy of Tufts
> here with me, but I assume this is a fair bit earlier than the mean arrival
> date.
>
> Also 3 male Red-winged Blackbirds under the feeders - one very dominant in
> flashing his colours and pushing the other RWBBs and also some grackles out
> of his way.
>
> Bruce
>
> --
> Bruce Stevens
> Maryvale, NS

--005045013bffa8a9c70483ea5450

We had a Brown-headed Cowbird show up in our yard today in Springhill, Cumb=
div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Bruce Stevens <s=
pan dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:m.bruce.stevens@gmail.com">m.bruce.st=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">Hi All,<br><br>I had a female Brown-headed =
Cowbird visit my parents&#39; feeders several times today in Roslin, Cumber=
land County. They have been seeing the bird for 2-3 days and flagged it as =
unusual, and tentatively identified it as a cowbird. I sent a couple of pho=
tos to Ian prior to posting as I wasn&#39;t 100% on the ID, and I hope I&#3=
9;m not grossly oversimplifying his response as &#39;confirmed&#39;.<br>

10 days ago - this would put it about April 1. I don&#39;t have my copy of =
Tufts here with me, but I assume this is a fair bit earlier than the mean a=
rrival date.<br>

 in flashing his colours and pushing the other RWBBs and also some grackles=
-- <br>Bruce Stevens<br>
Maryvale, NS<br>

--005045013bffa8a9c70483ea5450--