[NatureNS] Pileated Woodpecker in Brier Island

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 20:28:52 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016e68dbad8761bd8048371942a

Hi June,

Nice pics, and a good rarity for the Island.

Richard

--
#################
Dr.R.B.Stern,

Richard Stern,
317 Middle Dyke Rd.
Port Williams, NS, Canada
B0P 1T0

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016e68dbad8761bd8048371942a

ft <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:brierisland@gmail.com">brierisla=

204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><div>Hi Everyone<=
br>As i was walking up the new lan today towards Western Light i heard this=
 constant hammering and decided to investigate. I walked towards the Wester=
n Light and on a telephone pole, the same one we used to put up Nesting Blu=
ebird boxes was a PILEATED WOODPACKER.I didn&#39;t have my camera on me so =
i made a loop back to my car, rushed home and was hoping it would still be =
there when i got back and it was! Got some of these terrific photos of the =
Pileated woodpecker. I posted some pictures on my blog.When i looped home t=
o get my camera i went past the field where 4 horses were penned and inside=
 was a=A0KILLDEER displaying the broken wing trick to lure me away. <br>

Other sightings today: Common Loon, eider Ducks, Black Ducks, American Gold=
finch, Dark-eyed Junco, Robins, Common Grackle, Lots of Crows, Ravens carry=
ing nesting material, Pheasants, Black-capped Chickadees, and Song Sparrows=
. Coltsfoot was blooming in abundance at peajack, and in the ditches lots o=
f frog eggs.</div>

.brierisland.blogspot.com</a></div>
 NS, Canada<br>

B0P 1T0<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail=