[NatureNS] Wood Ducks are back!!

From: Bob McDonald <bobathome@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:38:39 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_xN8Spw0SJy41fpJDkVf2qQ)

We attended a GPS workshop at the Natural Resources Education Centre in Middle Musquodoboit today.  Great event; excellent instructor.  Also did a little geocaching in the area and grabbed a few.  Although it was a lovely sunny day, it was cool in the wind and this may be the reason why there were few birds around, except for hundreds of recently arrived American Robins.  However, one treat was the observation of 4 male and a single female Wood Duck in the small pond on the north side of highway 224 just east of the High School in Middle Musquodoboit.  They were playing hide and seek with us as we sat in the car so I couldn't get a picture.  We searched several locations including the Annapolis Marsh and Belleisle Marsh last weekend for woodies to no avail.

Cheers,
Bob McDonald
Halifax

--Boundary_(ID_xN8Spw0SJy41fpJDkVf2qQ)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18876">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>We attended a GPS workshop at the Natural Resources Education
Centre in Middle Musquodoboit today.&nbsp; Great event; excellent
instructor.&nbsp; Also did a little geocaching in the area and grabbed a
few.&nbsp; Although it was a lovely sunny day, it was cool in the wind and this
may be the reason&nbsp;why there were few birds around, except for hundreds of
recently arrived American Robins.&nbsp; However, one treat was the observation
of 4 male and a single female Wood Duck in the small pond on the north side of
highway 224 just east of the High School in Middle Musquodoboit.&nbsp; They were
playing hide and seek with us as we sat in the car so I couldn't get a
picture.&nbsp; We searched several locations including the Annapolis Marsh and
Belleisle Marsh last weekend for woodies to no avail.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Cheers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Bob McDonald</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Halifax</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_xN8Spw0SJy41fpJDkVf2qQ)--