[NatureNS] Signs of Spring on Saturday, March 20

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 01:52:31 -0300

-at about 8:45am a Robin singing as only a Robin can sing in the Spring!
-a few minutes later a Downey Woodpecker drumming repeatedly announcing his happiness
with the beautiful spring morning
-mid afternoon seveal small black ants had invaded my porch, the very dry weather no
doubt helping them; Marie Wamboldt had several in her house in Clementsvale, too
-after supper the repeated call of the Cardinal to the South of my property
-the Mourning Doves sitting in my lilac hedge with the male bringing seeds from the spill
under my feeder to feed to the female
-on Friday there were at least two honey bees observed in the crocus blossoms