[NatureNS] Signs of Spring around Windsor

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:29:06 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Angela Joudrey <aljoudrey@eastlink.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_UoX4rqnCK+KQbIQa/UHNGQ)

I'm off to a really spring climate, the Dominican! Woo hoo!!

I noticed today that there are crocus blooming in my lawn and
pussywillows out when I walked the dog. AND my favourite sign of
spring is when there's light in the sky when I walk the dog in the
am. I HATE when I get back from a week of sun and heat, and it's dark
and cold again because of the time change. Arggh.

Angela in Windsor

--

Angela Joudrey
aljoudrey@eastlink.ca

--Boundary_(ID_UoX4rqnCK+KQbIQa/UHNGQ)

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Re: [NatureNS] Signs of Spring around
hoo!!</div>
pussywillows out when I walked the dog. AND my favourite sign of
spring is when there's light in the sky when I walk the dog in the am.
I HATE when I get back from a week of sun and heat, and it's dark and
cold again because of the time change. Arggh.</div>
I love this time of year when one does not have to venture far for
signs of spring.&nbsp;&nbsp; Three nights ago a pair of Great Horned
Owls started up an early dawn duet behind our house -- we hope they'll
linger to set up a nest.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>
Grackles appeared yesterday, the same day I was entertained by two
male Hairy Woodpeckers competing for the attention of an interested
female.&nbsp; The posturing, calls, and displays of bill fencing went
on for some time, before the victorious male flew off with a
prospective mate.<br>
The first Purple Finches appeared today, though they are not yet
singing.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>
I'm trying to not get lulled into a sense of warm relaxation, as I
know winter can return at any time, at least until mid-May.&nbsp;&nbsp;
In the meantime, I and the birds are enjoying the lovely spring-like
weather.<br>
Cheers,<br>
Blake<br>
cite
>--------------------------------------------------------------------<span
Blake Maybank<br>
maybank@ns.sympatico.ca<br>
902-852-2077<br>
Editor, &quot;Nova Scotia Birds&quot;<br>
&nbsp;http://nsbs.chebucto.org<br>
author, &quot;Birding Sites of Nova Scotia&quot;<br>
</u></font>Downloadable Nova Scotia Maps for inside front and back
covers:<br>
&nbsp;http://tinyurl.com/mr627d<br>
White's Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada</blockquote>

Angela Joudrey<br>
aljoudrey@eastlink.ca<br>

--Boundary_(ID_UoX4rqnCK+KQbIQa/UHNGQ)--