[NatureNS] cyanide laced plover eggs

From: "Paul Murray" <murraypaul@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:23:39 -0400

Instead of poisoning the crows, where there will also be fallout for foxes,
seagulls and coyotes, maybe they should finally address the greater hazard
to the PP, by shooting all the dogs that uncaring owners let loose in or
adjacent to the nests.   Also, they could install spike belts to catch all
the offending ATV's and 4x4's that refuse to acknowledge that there is such
a thing as a piping plover!  From personal experience, I can tell you that
you had better be wearing a good set of earplugs if you challenge these
people for such activities as you are going to get a loud response about
constructional rights  or "I paid my beach access fee so I'll do what I damn
well please"

Paul Murray
Dartmouth