[NatureNS] Eagle Watch II

From: uhoeger@dal.ca
To: Naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:22:13 -0400

The weather today was to good not to do it.
I left this morning for my 3rd trip this year to the well know eagle watch and feeding site in
Sheffield Mills.
When I got there ~8:20 the bait was already out and ~30 eagles in the trees showed no
interest in breakfast.  Most left during the morning, just a handful remained nearby.
Just after 11 gulls started to show some interest in the chicken, and made the eagles
reconsider their lunch plans.
Todays feeding frenzy wasn't even close to what happened last week Saturday. About 30 -
40 eagles took it fairly easy at the buffet for 30 - 40 minutes. By 12:30 all was done.
Lots of people standing around for more or less time, not as many as last weekend. A TV
crew was interviewing some people, Global I think was the station in case someone is
interested in what people had to say.

Ulli