[NatureNS] Sable Island Status

Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 9:53:07 -0400
From: <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Dusan Soudek <soudekd@ns.sympatico.ca>

I would like to hear an opinion from Zoe Lucas, who has given so much of her life to the protection of Sable Island. See the Green Horse Society website for the discussion forum on this topic. I would be interested also in hearing from Ian McLaren, who has a long term knowledge of Sable, and Andy Horn and Marty Leonard know the island well from their work there. And Sherman Boates would have insights from the government point of view, and April Hennigar who grew up on the island. I am not sure any longer of the role of The Sable Island Preservation Trust, although I sat on that board, prior to designation of government protection.
I agree with Hans that our National Parks have done a great job protecting some of our beautiful wild spaces. Let's hear more from those who know the island. Cheers, Joan