[NatureNS] Re: dead owls

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:01:42 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016e6d63f8a0e970a047d6f1fe8

Interesting comment - conditions around Parrsboro maybe different from here.
I'm seeing lots of mice tracks on my almost-daily walks through the woods.
"My" Barred Owl hasn't shown up at my feeders yet this year (that I've
seen), so I'm assuming that food is readily available elsewhere. Last year,
the owl(s) was present a few times a week.

2010/1/17 Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>

> This just in from my birding buddy Dave Harris in Parrsboro. He is the
> wildlife technician there.
> 902-254-5304 Dir.- 3241
> "Hi joan, there's been  a few reports of dead Barred Owls (+ 1 snowy Owl),
> and any that have been turned into dnr seem to have starved to death due to
> hard crusty snow in counties (can't get/find mice) that have such snow
> cover. Please inform your birder friends to report any dead rapters to there
> local DNR office. "

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--0016e6d63f8a0e970a047d6f1fe8

Interesting comment - conditions around Parrsboro maybe different from here=
. I&#39;m seeing lots of mice tracks on my almost-daily walks through the w=
oods. &quot;My&quot; Barred Owl hasn&#39;t shown up at my feeders yet this =
year (that I&#39;ve seen), so I&#39;m assuming that food is readily availab=
le elsewhere. Last year, the owl(s) was present a few times a week.<br>

t;joancz@ns.sympatico.ca&gt;<=
/span><br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;bord=
er-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">

This just in from my birding buddy Dave Harris in Parrsboro. He is the wild=
life technician there.<br>
902-254-5304 Dir.- 3241<br>
&quot;Hi joan, there&#39;s been =A0a few reports of dead Barred Owls (+ 1 s=
nowy Owl), and any that have been turned into dnr seem to have starved to d=
eath due to hard crusty snow in counties (can&#39;t get/find mice) that hav=
e such snow cover. Please inform your birder friends to report any dead rap=
ters to there local DNR office. &quot;<br>

--0016e6d63f8a0e970a047d6f1fe8--