[NatureNS] Nature of Things on BEES -- TONIGHT AT 8 PM ON NEWSWORLD

To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: "James W. Wolford" <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:39:50 -0400

My alert for Thursday night was not followed by CBC-TV in their
wisdom, and on Newsworld that night at 11 p.m. they decided to show a
repeat National News, mainly on the Haitian catastrophe, which was
understandable.  Now the listings in the Herald for TONIGHT on
Newsworld channel show The Nature of Things again on the decline of
the honey bees at 8 p.m.  This is hopefully the "TO BEE OR NOT TO
BEE" show that Dave McCorquodale alerted us about in the previous
week, and I hope most of you have already seen it, because it's a
great show and up to date, about various problems the bees are having
in our industrial age, such as the huge amounts of traveling of all
those hives from Florida to Maine to California etc., monoculture
diets for days or weeks at a time and resulting poor nutrition and
weakening of defenses against infections like viruses, etc.  Check it
out, tape it and show it to friends, etc.

Cheers? from Jim in Wolfville