SV: [NatureNS] 1st Bird for 2010

From: "Eddie Chapman" <echapman@online.no>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 17:31:46 +0100

Happy New Year one and all,
My first bird is usually one of the commoner species that visit my feeder.
This meant that it usually was the same species most years. However a few
years ago I changed the rules to the first bird I saw through my binoculars.
This year it was a dark dot flying high over one of the local mountains. I
had hoped for a bird of prey but it turned out to be a Raven.

Have a great 2010
Eddie Chapman, Voss, Norway. Blog: http://www.surfbirds.com/blog/Norway/