[NatureNS] Meadow Lark and Ruddy Duck- Antigonish CBC

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:21:00 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_SKZKAY3V1qPDaOpkNYlTMA)

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644
Hi all
On Sun. Dec. 20, Jean McGee and I did the section of the Antigonish CBC that included Southside Harbour, Dunn's Beach, Monk's Head, and Pomquet PP to Pomquet Pt.
The same as the Springville count, Black-capped Chickadees were abundant with my toal ~ 175 and 44 Golden-crowned Kinglets. I only had 1 ROBIN. The only  finch was Goldfinch. This is a very productive section ( actually 2 sections) and we tallied 50 species which is about average. Highlights included a MEADOWLARK ( Eastern?) along the road at South River Station a few hundred m. south of house # 581.
Jean first saw the bird with the bright white tail flashes, while I only saw the Tree Sparrows with it. It later relit and I had a quick look. The outer tail feathers were extensively white, but I did not get a good look at the head. The bird disappeared before I got a better look and I did not want to lose a lot of time as we were just getting started and it is a hard route to finish in a day.
At the access road to Pomquet PP, a goup of ducks and gulls were at the first run of water.  In this group was an imm. or fem. RUDDY DUCK diving with Common Goldeneye.
we missed Rock Pigeon, mourning Dove and House Sparrow!

--Boundary_(ID_SKZKAY3V1qPDaOpkNYlTMA)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18854">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ken McKenna<BR>Box 218 Stellarton NS<BR>B0K
1S0<BR>902 752-7644<BR>Hi all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>On Sun. Dec. 20, Jean McGee and I&nbsp;did the
section of the Antigonish CBC that included Southside Harbour, Dunn's Beach,
Monk's Head, and Pomquet PP to Pomquet Pt. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>The same as the Springville count, Black-capped
Chickadees were abundant with my toal ~ 175 and 44 Golden-crowned Kinglets. I
only had 1 ROBIN. The only&nbsp; finch was Goldfinch. This is a very productive
section ( actually 2 sections) and we tallied 50 species which is about average.
Highlights included a MEADOWLARK ( Eastern?) along the road at South River
Station a few hundred m. south of house # 581. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Jean first saw the bird with the bright white tail
flashes, while I only saw the Tree Sparrows with it. It later relit and I had a
quick look. The outer tail feathers were extensively white, but I did not get a
good look at the head. The bird disappeared before I got a better look
and&nbsp;I did not want to lose a lot of time as we were just getting started
and it is a hard route to finish in a day. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>At the access road to Pomquet PP, a goup of ducks
and gulls were at the first run of water. &nbsp;In this group was an imm. or
fem. RUDDY DUCK diving with Common Goldeneye. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>we missed Rock Pigeon, mourning Dove and House
Sparrow!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_SKZKAY3V1qPDaOpkNYlTMA)--