[NatureNS] Spotted Towhee in Snow and Other Images

From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:00:40 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_uT9Yvsi97QFgAUTtB1Xsqw)

I took a run over to Graham Hawkins' place at Hatchet Lake this morning(thanks Graham) in the hopes of capturing the Spotted Towhee framed by snow.  Birds in snow are among my favourite images, I guess from having lived in so many cold places.  I wasn't able to bring my telephoto lens this morning so I had to make do with hand held shots with my zoom, at 3200 ISO.

This series of photos also includes Common Eiders and juvenile Northern Gannets fishing/crabbing at The Gorge, near Duncan's Reef, a pair of young bucks that visited our place in Portuguese Cove the other day and the usual scenics.

Hans

http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/December09/0126.html

_________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
Website: http://hanstoom.com
_________________________________

--Boundary_(ID_uT9Yvsi97QFgAUTtB1Xsqw)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18854">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I took a run over to Graham Hawkins' place at
Hatchet Lake this morning(thanks Graham)&nbsp;in the hopes of capturing the
<STRONG>Spotted Towhee</STRONG> framed by snow.&nbsp; Birds in snow are among my
favourite images, I guess from having lived in so many cold places.&nbsp; I
wasn't able to bring my telephoto lens this morning so I had to make do with
hand held shots with my zoom, at 3200 ISO.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>This series of photos also includes <STRONG>Common
Eiders</STRONG> and juvenile <STRONG>Northern Gannets</STRONG> fishing/crabbing
at The Gorge, near Duncan's Reef, a pair of young bucks that visited our place
in Portuguese Cove the other day and the usual scenics.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/December09/0126.html">http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/December09/0126.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>_________________________________<BR>Hans
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>Website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A>

--Boundary_(ID_uT9Yvsi97QFgAUTtB1Xsqw)--