[NatureNS] A question re: leucistic Red-tail

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 20:50:33 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, NS-RBA <ns-rba@yahoogroups.com>

--001636cd7512676435047b1e5dc0

Hi,

As many people know, there has been a leucistic Red-tailed hawk spending
most of the winter around the Grand Pre exit from the 101, and nearby
orchards, for the last 10 winters. It's all white, but with a dark patch on
the back of the head, and a pale salmon wash to the tail. Bernard Forsythe
told me this evening that he had met a couple - he thinks it was Terry and
Pam Mills, recently at Grand Pre, and that Pam had told him that she knows
someone who sees a leucistic Red-tail in the area of ?Nine-Mile River, or
?Elmsdale , in the Summer.  Does anyone know anything about this, and as to
where this summering bird might be located, so we can try and see if it's
the same bird?

Thanks,

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--001636cd7512676435047b1e5dc0

Hi,<br><br>As many people know, there has been a leucistic Red-tailed hawk =
spending most of the winter around the Grand Pre exit from the 101, and nea=
rby orchards, for the last 10 winters. It&#39;s all white, but with a dark =
patch on the back of the head, and a pale salmon wash to the tail. Bernard =
Forsythe told me this evening that he had met a couple - he thinks it was T=
erry and Pam Mills, recently at Grand Pre, and that Pam had told him that s=
he knows someone who sees a leucistic Red-tail in the area of ?Nine-Mile Ri=
ver, or ?Elmsdale , in the Summer.=A0 Does anyone know anything about this,=
 and as to where this summering bird might be located, so we can try and se=
e if it&#39;s the same bird?<br>

 1T0<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.co=
m</a><br>

--001636cd7512676435047b1e5dc0--