[NatureNS] Birds of Note Today

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 04:23:23 +0000

--_27b7025e-26c2-46a1-aeaf-7b48aaf0bea1_

Dorothy Poole and I saw the spotted towhee at Hatchet Lake today at 09:45. =
 The bird was by some white-throated sparrows in the background.  There is =
a bark mound that it was on and it hopped up on the dead stump of a tree th=
ere.

=20

The pair of sandhill cranes were present at Grand Pre at noon today across =
from Pheasant Road.  The birds were working their way along the edge of a p=
lowed section on the grassy section that was not upturned. =20

=20

The Eurasian wigeon was at the Windsor Sewage Lagoon again today.

=20

We saw two pileated woodpeckers by house 2772 along Route 12 on the New Ros=
s Road.

=20

Other notables but not rare along Grand Pre were 20 song sparrows.

There were 50 blue jays.  Mose of these birds were after corn left on stalk=
s.

A great blue heron was at the end of West Long Island Road

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport
 		 	   		 =20
Windows Live: Friends get your Flickr=2C Yelp=2C and Digg updates when they=
 e-mail you.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9691817=

--_27b7025e-26c2-46a1-aeaf-7b48aaf0bea1_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
Dorothy Poole and I saw the spotted towhee at Hatchet Lake today at 09:45.&=
nbsp=3B The bird was by some white-throated sparrows in the background.&nbs=
p=3B There is a bark mound that it was on and it hopped up on the dead stum=
p of a tree there.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The pair of sandhill cranes were present at Grand Pre at noon today across =
from Pheasant Road.&nbsp=3B The birds were working their way along the edge=
 of a plowed section on the grassy section that was not upturned.&nbsp=3B <=

&nbsp=3B<BR>
The Eurasian wigeon was at the Windsor Sewage Lagoon again today.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
We saw two pileated woodpeckers by house 2772 along Route 12 on the New Ros=
s Road.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Other notables but not rare along Grand Pre were 20 song sparrows.<BR>
There were 50 blue jays.&nbsp=3B Mose of these birds were after corn left o=
n stalks.<BR>
A great blue heron was at the end of West Long Island Road<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  <br /><hr />Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see ho=
w it works the way you want. <a href=3D'http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9=
691812' target=3D'_new'>Check out the offers on Windows 7now.</a></body>

--_27b7025e-26c2-46a1-aeaf-7b48aaf0bea1_--