[NatureNS] Prairie Warbler

From: "Tom & Terri" <terri.crane@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <NS-RBA@Yahoogroups.com>, <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:36:58 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01CA74FF.FF3B7690

Hi  All=20

While watching my growing flock of Orioles feeding in the yard (now 4 =
and one retrieved in the yard dead this morning) I seen a warbler =
briefly in the Ash Tree that I as well as Terri thought was a Prairie. I =
gave Chase to confirm the ID and was able to relocate it quickly across =
the road along with a bright adult male Pine Warbler.=20

Shortly after returning home John Luce a visiting BC birder stopped by =
and commented on getting a lovely Prairie warbler twice. Once on the =
side of Norris' Hill (where I left it) and again just across the road =
from the house.
=20
The Prairie Warbler was a new yard bird. It was specie # 213 for the =
yard and the 20th Warbler specie. A nice new addition to the list. After =
seeing 9-10 in the past few years around the town one finally decided to =
show up in the yard "while I was watching".=20

Tom K.=20
Canso=20

------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01CA74FF.FF3B7690

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi&nbsp; All </FONT></DIV><FONT =
size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV><BR>While watching my growing flock of Orioles feeding in the yard =
(now 4=20
and one retrieved in the yard dead this morning) I seen a warbler =
briefly in the=20
Ash Tree that I as well as Terri thought was a Prairie. I gave Chase to =
confirm=20
the ID and was able to relocate it quickly across the road along with a =
bright=20
adult male Pine Warbler. <BR></DIV>
<DIV>Shortly after returning home John Luce a visiting BC birder stopped =
by and=20
commented on getting a lovely Prairie warbler twice. Once on the side of =
Norris'=20
Hill (where I left it) and again just across the road from the =
house.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;<BR>The Prairie Warbler was a new yard bird. It was specie # =
213 for=20
the yard and the 20th Warbler specie. A nice new addition to the list. =
After=20
seeing 9-10 in the past few years around the town one finally decided to =
show up=20
in the yard "while I was watching". </DIV>
<DIV><BR>Tom K. <BR>Canso </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01CA74FF.FF3B7690--