[NatureNS] flickers in Wolfville in the winter

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 19:33:45 -0400

	Since about 2000 we have had a flicker stay successfully in the winter, and it seems
to have learned from the other birds that eating suet and sunflower seed will sustain it.
They've been here in January, February, March, and April,  so by then the ones we were
seeing and hearing could even have been early spring migrants. I think most of them still
migrate, but more are staying successfully here. JET