[NatureNS] Re: beached whale on Martinique Beach

Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 08:36:05 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Blake Maybank <maybank@ns.sympatico.ca>

--=====================_307172687==.ALT

At 06:45 PM 27/11/2009, you wrote:
>I was recently contacted by Jennifer Rowlands who had heard my
>interview on CBC regarding our local sperm whales (now all but
>gone). She sent me the following pictures she took from Martinique
>Beach, HRM and asked me what type of whale it is. Ask me what bone
>goes where, and you'll get an answer, but I haven't much of an idea
>about what type of whale this is...anyone?

Did Jennifer say when she photographed the whale?   I posted
photographs of a beached Minke Whale on Martinique Beach on October
6th.   The photos are here:

http://tinyurl.com/y8zlsu6

It is reasonable to assume it is the same individual, but that isn't
conclusive from a comparison of the photos.

Cheers,

Blake

Blake Maybank
maybank@ns.sympatico.ca
902-852-2077

Editor, "Nova Scotia Birds"
http://nsbs.chebucto.org

author, "Birding Sites of Nova Scotia"
http://tinyurl.com/birdingns
Downloadable Nova Scotia Maps for inside front and back covers:
http://tinyurl.com/mr627d

White's Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada
--=====================_307172687==.ALT

At 06:45 PM 27/11/2009, you wrote:<br>
Jennifer Rowlands who had heard my interview on CBC regarding our local
sperm whales (now all but gone). She sent me the following pictures she
took from Martinique Beach, HRM and asked me what type of whale it is.
Ask me what bone goes where, and you'll get an answer, but I haven't much
of an idea about what type of whale this is...anyone?</blockquote><br>
Did Jennifer say when she photographed the whale?&nbsp;&nbsp; I posted
photographs of a beached Minke Whale on Martinique Beach on October
6th.&nbsp;&nbsp; The photos are here:<br><br>
<b><a href="http://tinyurl.com/y8zlsu6" eudora="autourl">
It is reasonable to assume it is the same individual, but that isn't
conclusive from a comparison of the photos.<br><br>
Cheers,<br><br>
Blake<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
Blake Maybank<br>
maybank@ns.sympatico.ca<br>
902-852-2077<br><br>
Editor, &quot;Nova Scotia Birds&quot;<br>
http://nsbs.chebucto.org<br><br>
</a>author, &quot;Birding Sites of Nova Scotia&quot;<br>
http://tinyurl.com/birdingns<br>
covers:<br>
White's Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada </body>