[NatureNS] Re: One less Mourning Dove!

From: "James W. Wolford" <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:49:33 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Thanks, Roy!  and I assume I can share this with NatureNS and Nature
BNS lists?  The late and famous Cyril Coldwell at Gaspereau used to
flying with them in the talons!  Subsequently I found out, via Quirks
& Quarks and the Birder's Handbook?, that indeed many of our hawks,
especially the smaller ones, can carry very substantial weights,
although of course they don't fly very well nor very far with large
prey.  Cheers from Jim