[NatureNS] Port George and other issues

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:33:15 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--0016e6d27bdba2811804782d6d88

Hi,

I checked out Port George at high tide this morning on my way here to
Middleton  - I didn't see nearly as much as the Giffins did yesterday, but
there were 2 basic-plumaged Red-throated Loons of Cottage Cove, a
still-breeding plumaged Red-necked Grebe, and 4 M + 1 F/imm. Harlequin
Ducks, which immediately flew off in the direction of Margaretsville as soon
as I laid eyes on them.

On another note, I fully agree with Pat M., that one of the nicest aspects
of birding in NS (and elsewhere) is the sociability of it - meeting old
friends at rarity stake-outs etc. Another opportunity for this should be at
meetings, e.g. of the NSBS, but the last couple I have been to had
disappointingly low numbers for audiences. Unfortunately due to pressures at
work etc. lately, the 1st chance I'm going to have to look for all those
Halifax rarities will be Sunday, and it's supposed to rain all day, + I may
be too tired to drive after working 24 hrs. on Sat. - we'll see!  Meanwhile,
good birding everyone ---

Richard

--
#################

Richard Stern,
317 Middle Dyke Rd.
Port Williams, NS, Canada
B0P 1T0

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016e6d27bdba2811804782d6d88

Middleton=A0 - I didn&#39;t see nearly as much as the Giffins did yesterday=
, but there were 2 basic-plumaged Red-throated Loons of Cottage Cove, a sti=
ll-breeding plumaged Red-necked Grebe, and 4 M + 1 F/imm. Harlequin Ducks, =
which immediately flew off in the direction of Margaretsville as soon as I =
laid eyes on them.</div>

ects of birding in NS (and elsewhere) is the sociability of it - meeting ol=
d friends at rarity stake-outs etc. Another opportunity for this should be =
at meetings, e.g. of the NSBS, but the last couple I have been to had disap=
pointingly low numbers for audiences. Unfortunately due to pressures at wor=
k etc. lately, the 1st chance I&#39;m going to have to look for all those H=
alifax rarities will be Sunday, and it&#39;s supposed to rain all day, + I =
may be too tired to drive after working 24 hrs. on Sat. - we&#39;ll see!=A0=
 Meanwhile, good birding everyone ---</div>

r>sternrichard@gmail.com<br>

--0016e6d27bdba2811804782d6d88--